So very sad, if this is true …
I received an email with some tidbits of comedy, that is rather sad — Oh, I’m not sure if any of this is true — on the other hand, it just sounds right — and it’s a sad commentary on our nation, truly — we have dolts and idiots running the place —
A DC airport ticket agent-must read!
This is priceless funny stuff; but alas, is only a small indication of how much trouble our country is in.
A DC airport ticket agent offers some examples of ‘why’ our country is in trouble:
1. I had a New Hampshire Congresswoman (Carol Shea-Porter) ask for an aisle seat so thather hair wouldn’t get messed up by being near the window. (On an airplane!)
2. I got a call from a Kansas Congressman’s (Moore) staffer (Howard Bauleke), who wantedto go to Capetown. I started to explain the length of the flight and the passport information,and then he interrupted me with, ”I’m not trying to make you look stupid,but Capetown is in Massachusetts….”
Without trying to make him look stupid, I calmly explained,”Cape Cod is in Massachusetts, Capetown is in Africa ”
his response — click.
3. A senior Vermont Congressman (Bernie Sanders) called, furious about a Florida packagewe did. I asked what was wrong with the vacation in Orlando. He said he was expecting anocean-view room. I tried t o explain that’s not possible, since Orlando is in the middle of the state.
He replied, ‘don’t lie to me, I looked on the map and Florida is a very thin state!” (OMG)
4. I got a call from a lawmaker’s wife (Landra Reid) who asked, ”Is it possible to see England from Canada ?”
I said, ”No.”
She said, ”But they look so close on the map.” (OMG, again!)
5. An aide for a cabinet member(Janet Napolitano) once called and asked if he could rent a car inDallas.I pulled up the reservation and noticed he had only a 1-hour layover in Dallas. When I asked him why hewanted to rent a car, he said, ”I heard Dallas was a big airport, and we will need a car to drive betweengates to save time.” (Aghhhh)
6. An Illinois Congresswoman (Jan Schakowsky) called last week. She needed to know how itwas possible that her flight from Detroit left at 8:30 a.m, and got to Chicago at 8:33 a.m.
I explained that Michigan was an hour ahead of Illinois, but she couldn’t understandthe concept of time zones. Finally, I told her the plane went fast, and she bought that.
7. A New York lawmaker, (Jerrold Nadler) called and asked, ”Do airlines put your physical descriptionon your bag so they know whose luggage belongs to whom?” I said, ‘No, why do you ask?’
He replied, ”Well, when I checked in with the airline, they put a tag on my luggagethat said (FAT), and I’m overweight. I think that’s very rude!”
After putting him on hold for a minute, while I looked into it. (I was dying laughing). I came backand explained the city code for Fresno, Ca. is (FAT – Fresno Air Terminal), and the airline wasjust putting a destination tag on his luggage.
8. A Senator John Kerry aide (Lindsay Ross) called to inquire about a trip package to Hawaii.After going over all the cost info, she asked, ”Would it be cheaper to fly to Californiaand then take the train to Hawaii ?”
9. I just got off the phone with a freshman Congressman, Bobby Bright from Ala who asked,”How do I know which plane to get on?”
I asked him what exactly he meant, to which he replied, ”I was told my flight number is 823,but none of these planes have that number on them.”
10. Senator Dianne Feinstein called and said, ”I need to fly to Pepsi-Cola, Florida.Do I have to get on one of those little computer planes?”
I asked if she meant fly to Pensacola, FL on a commuter plane.
She said, ”Yeah, whatever, smarty!”
11. Mary Landrieu, La. Senator called and had a question about the documents she neededin order to fly to China. After a lengthy discussion about passports, I reminded her that sheneeded a visa. ‘Oh, no I don’t. I’ve been to China many times and never had to have one of those.”
I double checked and sure enough, her stay required a visa. When I told her this she said,”Look, I’ve been to China four times and every time they have accepted my American Express!”
12. A New Jersey Congressman (John Adler) called to make reservations, ”I want to go fromChicago to Rhino, New York.”
I was at a loss for words. Finally, I said, ”Are you sure that’s the name of the town?”
‘Yes, what flights do you have?” replied the man.
After some searching, I came back with, ”I’m sorry, sir, I’ve looked up every airport codein the country and can’t find a rhino anywhere.”
”The man retorted, ”Oh, don’t be silly! Everyone knows where it is. Check your map!”
So I scoured a map of the state of New York and finally offered, ”You don’t mean Buffalo, do you?”
The reply? ”Whatever! I knew it was a big animal.”
Now you know why the Government is in the shape that it’s in!
Could anyone be this DUMB?
YES, THEY WALK AMONG US, ARE IN POLITICS,AND THEY CONTINUE TO BREED..
I don’t write it, I just offer it for your consideration.Like manure, you just gotta spread it around.
- Posted in: Uncategorized